Thursday, February 25, 2010

Friday Finds... PetiteCreation



Friday Finds... PetiteCreation


This is my 17th interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy!

Happy Friday! Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend! For me it's like no other day really, as my days seem to just melt into eachother. I can't blame it on being a mum, and i doubt i can blame my partners shifts... I think I'm just going mad personally LOL! I never know what day it is, so my weekends are just as confusing as any old day... ah well!
Onward anyway! For you all today I would like to bring you into the teeny tiny world of PetiteCreation on Etsy, whose craft focuses on making some of the most impressive miniture food stuffs out of polymer clay. I wonder how these things are done, as I use polymer clay myself in my photablet pendants, but the way this artist works her clay is so precise and detailed. I admire her skills! Please do visit PetiteCreation's store to check out her lovely work, and help support the New Artists on Etsy by doing so!


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)







-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Jennifer and I’m 19 years old. I live in Toronto, Ontario and I’m currently studying right now. I’m studying Graphic Design in Ontario College of Art and Design. I love art and craft a lot. I like working with my hands like drawing and making crafts, and using the computer to make wonderful designs.

-- What is your business about then? My business is about turning realistic things in life into small miniatures. Also, making them for people to use in different ways like jewelries, displays for home, dollhouses, keychain and phone decorations. I hope this business can make people happy by letting them bring their favourite food in miniature size everywhere they go or put at home to look at.

-- How did Etsy come into your life? I had always wanted to sell my products so I started off selling in a small store first. Then one time, I came across with a business card with Etsy site on it. I searched it up and found that Etsy is the place I’m looking for and started selling on Etsy.

-- Are you working a day job too? I’m currently a student right now. My hands are full with homework, projects, exams and crafts, so no time for a day job. Although I hope making miniatures and selling on Etsy can be my full time job if I don’t need to study.

-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? The artist in me had been unleashed for a long time already. I love working on art and craft at young age and when I grew up, I love graphic design so I studied in art school. It was only last year that I start to making clay miniatures.

-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? My inspiration comes from eating and my friends and family. Inspiration coming from eating might sound funny, but it is true because I love to eat. I like trying different kinds of food and I love it when I’m able to make my favourite food into tiny miniatures. My other inspiration comes from my friends and family because they give me ideas on different foods that I haven’t tried before.

-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? Three words to describe my products would be cute, colourful, and unique. =)

-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? My average day would be starting off with getting up early in the morning to go to school. Usually I would get home in the afternoon. Then I would start being on my computer to check emails, do some blogging and surfing around Etsy. Afterward, I would start doing some promotions around Etsy by hanging around in chat room and forums. Then I would have dinner with family. After cleaning up the house and dishes, I would start making miniatures til late evening.

-- What's your favorite material and techniques to work with? My favourite material to work is clay and paints. I love using clay to form the shape and texture of the food and painting it to make it more realistic. Right now, I’m still learning more techniques on how to make food miniatures more realistic especially fruits.

-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? My ideal vision for the future right now is to improve my skills and techniques and gain more sales on Etsy. Also, hoping to make more kinds of food miniatures, and continue to sell on Etsy and in store as well.

-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? When I’m not working on miniatures or going to school, I love going out to hang out and chat with friends. Also, I usually go shopping, eating and when it is good weather, I would take a walk to the park.

-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? I usually search for supplies on Etsy like findings for earrings, necklace, and bracelet. Also, I like meeting different artists who are doing food miniatures as well.

-- Any last words?

Thank you all for taking the time to read my interview! I will continue to make more miniatures to share with you all! My blog is http://petitecreation.blogspot.com/ , it has my updated news and creations! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment