Thursday, July 1, 2010

DameonPriestly





Friday Finds... DameonPriestly


This is my 33rd interview of the amazing not-so-well-known artists of Etsy!

I want to thank Etsy seller DameonPriestly for taking part in todays interview, as it is one I have been looking forward to for a while being as I asked a while ago if he'd like to participate. It is this week that he has been able to take the time to complete my questionnaire and give us all a brief insight into his amazing world of his contemporary drawing. I love to give support to my fellow UK Etsy artists, and I found that with Dameon especially when I arrived at his store 2 weeks ago, I was blown away by the haunting and abstract nature of his fine work. His interview is short and sweet, and straight to the point which leaves plenty of time to visit the listings below in his store :)


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)






-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) Dameon Priestly, 44, London, There are 3 sixes in my date of birth and my name is Dameon



-- What is your business about then? I am a contemporary artist exploring subjects not normally discussed in today’s art world


-- How did Etsy come into your life? Trawling the internet



-- Are you working a day job too? No


-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? Since I was 4


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? To open up discussion and make people think about things they may not want to think about.


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? Informative, researched, haunting


-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? I do not have an average day


-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? Acrylic, painting on linen canvas


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? To reach those people who need to be reached.


-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? Read and eaves drop in cafes


-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? Gifts


-- Any last words? There will be no whitewash

No comments:

Post a Comment