Thursday, August 12, 2010

LouisestArt




Friday Finds... LouisestArt


Interview # 38
LouisestArt on Etsy got in touch with me for a Monday Magic Feature, yet after checking out her store for a second time, I was absolutely certain that I wanted to offer an interview instead as the work she produces is simply stunning, and very unique. I am pleased to introduce Louise to my readers, and hope you enjoy her beautiful paintings as much as I have :)


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)






-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) My name is Louise van Terheijden. I live in Tilburg in The Netherlands. I live in a lovely old house build in the 20 ‘s. Here I can work, give art classes, paint, relax in my garden.

-- What is your business about then? I’m a painter. I like to work with acrylics and water paints but drawing is a passion as well. Ink, chalk, I like many materials. I followed also some courses Photoshop and Illustrator so I can work further on my pictures digitally as well. With all the new printing techniques now I can reach more people with my work. The prints will last for over 100 years without fading and are of the utmost quality in fine art reproduction printing. So that's something new.


-- How did Etsy come into your life? Etsy came into my life by accident just by surfing on the web. I found such beautiful things in the different shops. So, I decided I wanted to be a part of that.


-- Are you working a day job too? I’m everyday in my studio. Sometimes I have an art class. I’m an art teacher as well.


-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? Not for long. I’ve been an artist all my life. I studied Art in The Academy of Art and Design in Den Bosch.


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? I want to show my work to the world. I hope other people will be touched by my work. Sometimes that happens. That makes me very happy.


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? You could describe my work as "poetical pictures that stop time for a while." Color is important. Color, Transparency, Poetical pictures.


-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? I’m everyday in my studio. Sometimes I have an art class. I’m an art teacher as well. Somedays I have no inspiration at all. Then I go out and visit a museum or a shop. Or I just take a walk.


-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? Acrylics, chalk, ink, brushes, paper and coffee.


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? I hope to get very old so I can realize al my plans. Make better paintings and I would love to illustrate a children book someday.


-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? Running gives me a feeling of power and clarity in my head. So I run twice a week. Visiting exhibitions and see other artists is also a thing I like doing.



-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? I hope to get a broader audience. It was such a surprise to see people all over the world looking at my work. People hearting my work…Nice, isn’t?


-- Any last words? There is a quote from Vincent van Gogh I like very much; ‘ "Color in a picture is like enthusiasm in life"

I couldn't say it any better.

Louise van Terheijden
Tilburg
The Netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment