Wednesday, September 8, 2010

MarlinaVera


Friday Finds... MarlinaVera


Interview # 42
I am quite the fan of abstract art, and seeing Marlina Vera's work on Etsy filled me with much admiration for I think her cubism work is just outstanding. From the vibrant colors, to the modern atmosphere in the pieces, I am absolutely in love with her style! There is a certain magic to her work that seems to light that creative spark in me, and being an painter primarily myself (just not on Etsy!) I can truely appreciate her original work. I'm inviting my readers to visit her store to browse her beautiful oils and acrylic paintings, and to enjoy hearing more about Marlina in this wonderful interview :)


(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)



-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) Hi, My name is Marlina Vera. I am 45 years old, I live in the sunshine state Florida with my husband and my two boys.



-- What is your business about then? Painting has always been the passion of my life. Creating is a need for me… for my spirit… I like to create art inspired in simple things. I use bright/ bold colors and my paintings are mainly in the style that I like most, cubist abstract.


-- How did Etsy come into your life? I found Etsy last year looking for original handmade items.


-- Are you working a day job too? Well, besides painting as much as I can during the day and night… I am a full time mom....



-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? I have always been fascinated by art! Ever since I was a child I new I wanted to be an artist. Creating art as well as writing poetry has always been part of me.


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? The inspiration behind is to create something unique. To reach deep inside the viewers and to inspire others. What could be more rewarding for an artist than to be told that your art brings happiness into somebody else’s life?


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? I Soulful, romantic, peaceful.

-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? First I take care of my kids in the morning… then it is time for me, my art, and my soul… sometimes I paint until very late at night.


-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I use both oils and acrylics. But my favorite medium is oil…I love to paint with oils, but since they require more patience and time to dry, I use acrylics in the meantime to alternate … It helps a lot when I am very inspired and I have the need to start and finish a piece in few days.


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? I wish one day not too far in the future to use my art as a venue to help others in needs specially kids and to promote peace in the world as well.



-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? I enjoy a lot gardening! I grow few fruit trees, herbs and flowers in my garden.. I love to harvest fruits even if there is just a little… I can feel mother nature in my hands when I pick a fruit from the tree or when I cut fresh flowers for my home… I also enjoy the beach, riding bike with my son, taking a walk with my husband and of course contemplating the sunset!


-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? I like to search for original art. For me it is like visiting a gallery without leaving home. There are so many talented people out there.



-- Any last words? Yes, Enjoy life everyday! Value simple things .. that is what makes life beautiful… Be thankful for everything you have… there are so many people out there less fortunate…
Be creative, be free and be yourself. We all are unique individuals holding in our hands the most beautiful gift we have…life!

Thank you very much for inviting me.

Marlina Vera
www.marlinavera.com

No comments:

Post a Comment