Friday, September 3, 2010

Paperie Blooms Handmade Paper Items



Friday Finds... PaperieBlooms


Interview # 41
I think it's absolutely wonderful that our thoughts for the one's dear to us can be expressed in writing in little notes, greetings cards and tags, yet in the handmade world it's an expression of love that has been taken one step further. Teresa of PaperieBlooms cards and other paper goods are far beyond what is the standard of commercial paper greetings, and are infact a gift in themselves that exude the loving consideration that has been put into them. There is no better way to express oneself than to offer loving thoughts and appreciation, and Teresa's work I feel is a beautiful way of displaying and containing your special notes, that could easily remain as lasting keepsakes in the home as part of your decor. They really are something :)



(Just click the images to go direct to the listings)




-- Tell me a bit about you! (Name, Age, Location, and give us a random fact whilst you're at it.) Hi, I am Teresa Kline, age 43 living in the state of Virginia in the USA. I try to always do the right thing and make the most of each day!


-- What is your business about then? I like to refer to it as a passion, I enjoy making paper creations. I love the patterns, textures, and the 3D embellishments. The most pleasure I get from my paper creating is sending my cards to others. I want to encourage other people.


-- How did Etsy come into your life? I discovered Etsy through other paper crafters and thought it would be a great way to share my love of cards and creating with others.


-- Are you working a day job too? Yes, I have worked at the same place for 21 years, I work is a chocolate factory...yummy!



-- How long has the artist in you been 'unleashed' for? Really, all of me life. I have always played with paper, I use love back to school time when I was a kid. I have taken it more serious in the last five years.


-- What has been the inspiration behind your business? Reaching out to others, our lives really are about other people, I want to be an inspiration to others whether it is through creating or encouraging.


-- If you could describe your products in three words, what would you tell me? I would say that my work is beautiful, detailed, and uplifting.


-- What would an average working day for you be like from dawn til dusk? wow, I am a busy gal, I am up at 4:45am off to my day job by 6:00am, home from my day job by 3:00pm. Reading, devotions, house chores, and supper all over by 6:00pm. Then from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm I work in my studio creating. It is also during that time that I make time for business on the computer.


-- What's your favourite material and techniques to work with? I love working with paper, ribbon, glitter, buttons, rubber stamps and ink. I really like making my creations pop....stand out.


-- What is your ideal vision for the future for you and your work? wow, I would love to be able to stay at home at work. There are so many avenues to the paper creating world, I would love to work with magazines, paper companies, or stamp companies. I dream of my passion for paper while I am at my day job..lol.



-- Away from work, what do you like to do for fun or to wind down? My husband and I enjoying riding motorcycles, travel, photography, and we have a Boxer dog. She is also a big part of my life.


-- What are you likely to search for on Etsy? I love looking at jewelry, clothing, purses, totes, and anything unusual or unique. There is a ton of things on Etsy that make my jaw drop, such talent.


-- Any last words? Do what you love and what you have a passion for...send a card today to brighten someones day or to express love, it will put a smile on your face and on the face of the recipient!

No comments:

Post a Comment