Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yarn Fetish


Sunday - Coffee and Cake
weekly musings, articles and mostly babble...


Yarn Fetish I think I need to be chained down or something when it comes to buying my weekly groceries. There just happens to be a HUGE Hobbycraft store on my way to my local Sainsburys and since my first trip there and the discovery of the 2 AILSES of yarn, I have been ahem... hooked hohoho!!!! (pun totally inteded lol). I have the excuse at least that I can buy yarn for work in my new store, and each piece that I now have is designated to new ideas that I have swimming through my brain... but I seem to find myself in there weekly and my supply is growing faster than my little hands can create LOL! But it's nice that I have a passion at least for something besides photography. I feel a little more intergrated into the crafting scene since opening my new shop BabaMoon even though I have been knitting and crocheting now for about 5 years. The realisation of that has made me wonder why i didn't separate my original photography store from my textile stuff to begin with, as my original store actually had both going on in there, including leather goods! But I'm glad for the exclusivity of my time being given to my photography as without that I wouldn't be planning my business outside of Etsy so soon!

Now I have found that I'm not so pushed (or more like pulled!) to find the time to create, I have nice flow going in all aspects of my day including the start of homeschooling my little boy. My next challenge will be a new dynamic to my "professional" life as my Fiancé will take over the keeping of the house and children on his days off whilst I start self employment outdoors... as some of you know I'm hoping to get a portraiture business going soon. Only on his days off mind you... I don't know if I could cope with his dishwashing more than a few times a week... it's atrocious LOL! So in all this yarn wallowing and flowing ideas, I am enjoying what seems like a great early success for my new store. I have managed to secure at least a sale a week since listing items now, and finding that the more i renew items and list new ones, I have been getting more enquiries for custom orders and have already completed a few for some parent's babies around the world! I am loving it, I find it so rewarding being able to make clothes for my kids and it's really nice to be able to expand on that a little and do the same for others :) It'd be lovely if i found myself making a sale a day for Babamoon! And I'm confident that sometime there will be that opportunity given :)


Recent Altered Photography And Baby Accessories
Posted to moonangelnay.etsy.com and babamoon.etsy.com...



That's it for now. Have a great weekend all!


moonangelnay x

No comments:

Post a Comment